Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blogging

Blogging has kind of lost it's appeal now, with Facebook and Instagram being so much quicker and easier to share snippets of your daily life. But I know some family like to check in here now and then so I will keep blogging. I look back to when I first started blogging in July 2005, and all the things I blogged about, special times in our lives, it's a great online diary. But what will happen to it in 20 or 30 years time? Will it still be here sitting in cyberspace, will I still be able to read it? I wonder? It makes you think how technology is progressing so fast, almost out of control, it's hard to keep up. We thought it was so cool having a blog back in 2005 but now it's all about Facebook and Instagram and Pinterest and all those cool cyber places. Taking photos and they are instantly there for everyone to see. Quite amazing really.
Anyway, I do like my blog, it just takes a little time to sit down and do it, resize photos etc etc. Because a post is much better with a photo or 2 I think.

Sadly Robs Dad, Bob passed away recently. He had been sick for awhile but it's still always very very sad and heartbreaking. He had an awesome sendoff on the day of the tangi. It was lovely weather. And it was good to catch up with family members we hadn't seen for years. Here's a great photo of 'some' of the extended Gray family.

About time for something crafty I think. More art journal stuff maybe? Just some recent additions to my art journal. Love the colours in this one.






No comments: